duminică, 17 martie 2013

the story of you and me

we met one cold night
i was out with a friend,
you passed us by
and i couldn't help but stare at you.

you sort of had me at first sight
and of course, i tought that was the end,
but you stopped and asked if you could buy
some sort of drink
for us

i hesitated, you put me in an awkward posture
but think of it now, it was a bold gesture
we still said no, though, we had somewhere to get to
but you insisted i gave my number to you

for a second there it felt wrong, but i did it
and you called: 1 minute later
said you were just checking i didn't lie
when in fact you were curios as to why
would i give my number to a strange guy?

but you weren't strange
just strangely attractive
and infinitely interesting 

a week later we went out together
you said it's something we must do
i agreed because you drove me crazy
did i drive you crazy too?

maybe yes
maybe not quite
who cares?
everything seemed right

and later that night,
you kissed me
strong and sweet
not caring that i could no longer stand on my feet

i melted there, in your arms
and you wouldn't let go
said it was because of my charms
maybe it was true, i don't know

and so we fell in love
quick, without second thinking
and it was so strong that it drove us
quite mad, i suppose

so mad that we destroyed it all
in a blink of an eye,
the same way we started to fall
without having to try;

the story of you and me
began and ended easily:
i pushed you away and i'm sorry,
but away is the place to be,
when talking about me

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

să auzim