duminică, 10 martie 2013

halfway there

     Can you please, please, please, listen to me just for a bit? I know what I'm doing now isn't quite clever, but today I walked the streets we walked together last summer, and they don't look the way they used to. Maybe they miss you, just like I do. I know you said you hated me, but I was thinking maybe all that went away. I mean, come on ,you don't answer when I call and you tell people I never meant anything to you. You can't do that, it's a pack of lies. Could you, maybe, leave aside your pride and meet me halfway? I'm doing the best I can, okay? Come back home, I left the door open. That's not smart either, I could get robbed, for you. And I still have that picture you love hanging on the hallway. They're all here, for you, they never left like you did. I never left. Last summer, you held my hand and told me you loved me on the beach, in Santa Monica, where did all that go?
    I'm sorry I did what I did, but weren't mistakes part of our initial plan? You said we should learn to forgive and forget, but aparently all you did was forget. About me. And yes, I saw that new skank you walk around with, both of you acting like you rule the freaking world when you don't. Whatever, she's quite pretty, but she's still a skank.
   And why don't you say hello to me anymore? It's not like you don't know, and don't tell me you lost all the feelings you once had for me. It's only been a month, god dammit, could you stop moving so fast? You ran away, and you know that I could never keep up with you, and your moods, and your stupid, spontaneous ideas. You're just so weird, so obnoxious, so ambiguous, and I barely know how I lasted besides you for three years. But I did, okay? And I still want to. I miss you, dude...
  I know I'm not good at this, talking about my feelings, but you always understood me, I never needed words, that's why I love you. And i fucked up, I know, but why did you change so suddenly? I don't deserve all this. You chased me for so long like I was Queen Elisabeth and now, you're running away. I don't wanna sound too Black Eyed Peas, but dammit, meet me halfway here. My ego won't let me go further away from this point. I'm already telling you everyhing I feel inside, even though it's so hard to explain, even to myself.
  You are the best thing that happened to me, and if you refuse to understand that and forgive me I'll just curl up into a ball and die. You're just so nice and handsome and I miss you. You said that we aren't supposed to be nice to each other all the time because we are so in love and love is stupid, just like us. So maybe that is a pretty good excuse for my bitchy behaviour towards you. But now I'm sorry so just come back home, okay?
   The streets miss us, the couch misses us, so does the bed, and the mirror, and the camera, and my car.
   I'm in our place on the beach, stupid, meet me here whenever you feel like it. I'll just wait, if you promise you'll love me again.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

să auzim